Friday, August 1, 2008

Don't ask my opinion~ you might not like what you hear....


So today I was doing this online survey. The topic was the new magic "eraser" for Mr. Clean. Funny as I was watching it, I didnt care about the product-- I was actually thinking about, was WHY is a woman still doing the housework- and you wanna make my cleaning easier.. come the hell over and do it!!!! The survey included dumb ass statements like - "I when my home is clean, I feel it is a place my family can be proud of" - "The scent of a product lets other know my home is clean"--I was like... what the hell is it the 1950's again? did I just get sucked into a time warp? am I in oz?


In the infiniate wisdom of the company conducting the survey allowed for comments by -ME-the person taking the survey. (Boy.. where they dumb)


"Over all I feel that the commercial was a way of enforcing genderize stereotypes to the unsuspecting masses. Since it is 2008, one would expect to see a man cleaning the house as well. I am sure this comes as a suprise that not all individuals are mindless consumers and look at commericals a little more critically. If you want to really impress me, go ECO, show men doing housework ( or teens- if you want to be realistic). As for the product its self- during the commerical I noticed the strain in her hand to clean a spot, and she was UNREALISTICALLY smiling while she cleaned. This product is yet another example of "reinventing the wheel."


I wish I could see the look on their faces...

~LaFeministaMafia~exposing the truth since we could speak~

No comments: